top of page

RSG Performance Group

Public·139 members

Where Can You Buy Camelbak Water Bottles

But this is an increasingly crowded category. Many bottles pack needless gimmicks to distinguish themselves. That's why we've rounded up only the very best reusable water bottles worth your hard-earned bucks, and noted the ones we don't like, so you can stay away. These bottles are an excellent way to cut single-use plastics out of your life.

where can you buy camelbak water bottles

Insulated bottles are heavier and can typically hold less water compared to their uninsulated counterparts, given similar exterior dimensions. But the advantage is that they are typically vacuum-sealed to better maintain the temperature of the liquid inside for far longer periods of time.

For hiking and outdoor climbing trips, I prefer uninsulated bottles. There's slightly less weight to lug around, and my main concern isn't having cold water but rather having enough water. Around the house, the office, and the gym, I grab insulated bottles. I don't have to worry about the smaller capacity, because there's always a faucet nearby. It's nice to pour fridge-temperature water into a bottle at night, sip on it until I go to bed, then leave it out and still have cool water in the morning.

The 27-fluid-ounce bottle (uninsulated) filled with water weighs more than 2 pounds. I love that the cap loop is big enough to fit three fingers for easy carrying. Why do other bottles make you dangle them from one finger? Who wants to carry a bottle around like that?

Remember when reusable water bottles were almost all Nalgene? Some people still prefer plastic for its lightness, and you don't have to worry about accumulating dents. Despite not being a hefty chunk of metal, the Eddy+ is thick and well built. I'd take it on a climb or hike without concern. Since it's clear plastic, you get the benefit of being able to see how much is left sloshing around inside. The flip-up straw is a nice touch and saves you from the monotony of unscrewing a lid for every sip.

Not every bottle is great, but most are still pretty good. Of the nearly 20 bottles I tried, these are some that will hold your water just as well, but they didn't stand out enough to give them a spot above.

You've probably heard of S'well. Its finishes are more delicate than the competition's powder-coated bottles, but the creative patterns, such as blue marble and fake wood grain, make them stand out. The cap is easy to remove, thanks to the grooves in its sides, but without a loop, the bottle loses the ability to clip onto a backpack. I'm not sold on the claims of a triple-wall (three layers of metal) insulated bottle. It's the only one in this roundup, and I'm not sure why the company bothered. The third wall eliminates the brief episode of condensation that builds up when you load a double-walled bottle with cold water, but it didn't make any noticeable difference to me in how long it kept my water cool. The S'well felt less tough than the other bottles I tried but was among the heaviest. There's also no rolled lip.

Get yourself a bottle brush and some dish soap. If your bottle has a straw built into it, pick up a bottle brush kit with a long, skinny straw brush instead. Plastic bottles have a tendency to trap odors over time. You can fix this by putting a teaspoon of bleach and a teaspoon of baking soda in the bottle, filling it up with water, and letting it sit overnight. Rinse it out well the next day.

The four Podium bottles I tested have the same cap design which is interchangeable between the bottles. You can lock the bottle to prevent spills, and the water easily flows from the valve when open. You can also buy this cap separately if you already have the bottle. One of the perks of CamelBak, is they sell individual parts.

This cap was clearly designed with cleaning in mind. It dissembles into multiple parts for washing (which is WONDERFUL). A skinny water bottle brush will wash this cap nicely. There is only one tiny crevice that might require a q-tip once and a while for cleanup (see picture) depending on your grime tolerance. Compared to other bottles I have used (which turn out to be nothing BUT hidden crevices), this is a very easy-to-clean cap design.

A step up in insulation from the Chill, the Podium Ice is for the folks who are serious about cold water. Using Aerogel Insulation, this bottle is keeps water 4x colder than other bottles. Like the Chill, it uses Trutaste Polypropylene with HydroGuard materials to prevent gnarly aftertaste issues. The Podium Ice (21oz) comes in five colors ($25-26).

Personally, my preferred bottle is the Podium Ice with the additional purchase of a mud cap. I like super cold water and max germ protection. You may prefer a different bottle in this mix depending on your price point and preferences. No matter what though, you cannot go wrong with these CamelBak Podium bottles with their easy-to-clean design. Enjoy!

To complete your kit, you may also want to check out the best hydration bladders for your daypack, or our favorite backpacking water filters for trips into the backcountry. From bottles for everyday life to lightweight vessels designed to take you to mountain peaks, our review will help you narrow in on the ideal bottle to suit your needs.

For folks who are looking for a simple, affordable bottle that is lightweight and encourages hydration, the CamelBak Eddy+ Tritan Renew is a fantastic choice. This bottle is portable and light, making it easy to carry around on workdays or weekend camping trips. Its plastic body is durable and made from 50% post-consumer recycled materials. We love the spill-resistant straw, which doesn't leak when stowed or deployed (some straw bottles squirt water when the straw is taken out). Its lightweight and durable build make it a great option for your growing pile of trustworthy hiking gear. Its classic and effective design should not go unnoticed.

We've tested nearly 60 individual bottles since 2015. We constantly have an eye on the market for new and innovative designs and have seen many trends come and go over the years. First and foremost, we want these products to be easy to use, and we rated our ease of use metric based on factors like carrying handles, ease of filling and cleaning, and whether they fit in a car cup holder. To ensure we got plenty of varied input, we also passed these bottles around to our friends and family. Water bottles are as much about personal preference as holding water. We filled them with flavorful liquids and then rinsed them to see if any flavor lingered. We left them on their sides wrapped in paper towels overnight to look for any signs of leakage. We even intentionally dropped them all off our desks to test durability. We combined this feedback and field testing with some objective tests to provide you with extensive information so your next water bottle purchase can be well-informed.

Everyone drinks water, but not everyone takes hydration as seriously as our lead bottle tester, Jane Jackson. Jane has spent months of her life drinking from and assessing the performance of the most popular bottles on the market. First and foremost, Jane is a rock climber, a hobby that forms the foundation of her life and has led her to cliffs, big walls in Yosemite, and valleys around the world. Most of the testing of these bottles took place at the crag, in boulder fields, on long hikes, or on rest days at cafes and coffee shops across the globe. These varying situations have provided excellent opportunities to test the portability, durability, ease of use, and overall performance of the water bottles seen in this review. Because she is constantly traveling, Jane rarely drinks from a traditional drinking glass in a kitchen, making her an expert at hydration on the go.

You're likely to consider cost alongside performance no matter what you want. We stick solely to performance when we score products, but we appreciate a good deal like anyone. The range in price for water bottles is becoming shockingly wide these days, and stainless steel and glass bottles across the board will typically cost you the most. That said, over the past few years, we have seen a growing selection of affordable bottles made from these materials.

In terms of filter-style bottles, the Grayl GeoPress Water Filter and Purifier has a different filtration system, which is noteworthy. This bottle used a press-style filter rather than a straw, which is easy to use but requires quite a bit of force to press out. This bottle is also bulky and heavy, making it less ideal for backcountry missions where it would be the most useful. For a filter bottle, we continue to prefer the Brita, which we found to work seamlessly, though the Grayl is a great option for traveling.

Durability is a major concern for water bottles, especially when relying on one vessel as your continual water source. Going from stream to stream in the backcountry, you need to know that your bottle won't break and leave you parched. Based on years of outdoor experience, the GearLab team knows that collapsible models tend to be less durable over time than rigid counterparts due to frequent stress on flex points. Meanwhile, the bodies of rigid contenders are usually very durable but often have failure points on the lids. To develop a score in this category, we considered the type of material used for the bottle and cap. The stainless steel and rigid plastic models scored at the top of the materials test, with glass falling in the middle and collapsible bottles scoring the lowest.

It's essential to stay hydrated, and you're probably more likely to do so if the water you're drinking tastes good. Some water bottles impart flavors on the liquids they contain, a characteristic that we do not appreciate. And if you store beverages like flavored drink mixes or coffee for a day, some bottles will retain that taste and pass it on to the next thing you fill it with, even after a thorough washing.

We combined the results from several separate tests performed on each model to assess our taste metric. First, we filled each bottle and took a drink to check for any immediate effects on taste. Second, we left them filled with water for 24 hours before taste-testing them again. We then filled each one with a flavored sports drink mix and left them to sit for 24 hours. After this, we emptied the bottles, hand washed them with soap and warm water, and refilled each with fresh water before conducting taste tests to see if we could detect any residual flavors from the sports drink. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• LinkedIn
bottom of page